7/25/10

The Meme without a Blog

Seems like everyone wanted in on my little meme (rhymes with cream, btw) that I cooked up yesterday - even someone with out a blog!

"But Pax", I can hear you exclaiming, "everyone has a horror blog these days! Even my great grandmother posts about favorite fright films on her blog, "Granny's Grand Guignol of Gore!" "

Well, calm down, I say, and behold the sad tale of one, Ms. Kristy Jett.  It seems that Ms. Jett, while affiliated with certain blogs, magazines and online publications, does not have her own blog proper!  Shocking, I know, but true.  Be that as it may, and since I am a sucker for sob story - I would like to present Ms. Jett's answers to the Horror Bloggers Meme that I posted yesterday - but first, a bio about our guest poster:

Born, Juinta Marie Simpatico O'Brien in a small mining community in England, Kristy Jett came to world wide recognition when she left the old country and relocated to the states sometime in the early 80's where she married several wealthy men (who all died mysteriously and left her their fortunes).  Today she spends her spare time working for Fright Rags (reportedly the finest horror t-shirt sweat shop in the nation), as well as contributing to Dread Central, The Blood Sprayer, The Dreamin Demon and Freddy In Space. This fall she will be published in Paracinema Magazine and Ax Wound Magazine. It is also reported Ms. Jett has worked in the radio broadcasting industry and is fond of juice boxes ... and of course their is that pending law suit that you might have read about in some of your sleazier tabloids, but we won't talk about that today: Take it away Kristy! 

1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:
 I don't have one :(

But I do write for some amazing Horror sites/blogs such as Dread Central, The Blood Sprayer, The Dreamin Demon and Freddy In Space!

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
                                            A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
                                            B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
                                            C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
                                            D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
                                            E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
                                            F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
                                            G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
                                            H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)
                                    
 F. Born in 1981 baby
3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
                                           (gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
                                           A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
                                           (straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
                                           B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?
 Tommy Ross all the way. His hair was lame but his personality was quite nice. And I mean hell, who wouldn't want to date a guy who was rugged but whipped? I could've gotten him to do my bidding EASILY.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?
 
 I would force Sam Raimi to make Evil Dead 4. I loved seeing Sam get back to his Horror roots with Drag Me To Hell, and I'd love to see Sam direct Bruce in a starring role again. ED4 will likely be made anyways, so I'd just want to ensure Sam was in the drivers seat!

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?
 
I guess I will have to go with the Saw franchise. While I loved the first and liked the second, everything else has just become more and more ridiculous. Anyone who still goes to these films and expects anything other than what the previous got them is missing something...

6:  Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?

He's as close to it as anyone else I can think of. Filmmaker wise anyways. General public goes to Nancy Grace.

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?
 
Dracula, because he can fly and creep into my room when I'm sleeping. Frankenstein is always Frank from The Monster Squad to me, so he's my friend in my mind. I am close personal friends with the Wolfman. His real name is John Squires and he runs a horror blog called Freddy In Space, look him up!
8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:
 
The scene in Labyrinth, when Sarah is with those fire creatures. They are intensely scary! This coming from the girl who still has troubles with the penguins on the old beer commercials...creeptastic!
9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch.  What do you bring?
 
A pillow, because I just know once we get to know each other, we'll become bff's and she'll ask me to stay for a slumber party!
10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging?  Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul. 
 
Yes I do! I will speak in terms of the Blood Sprayer. I want to(and have) a staff full of some of the most talented bloggers out there. I feel like we have one of the best written sites out there because indeed we have talented bloggers who crafted their writing, and it's a seamless transition from what they do to our site. It's one big Horror blog!
11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?

Where is she registered?

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?
 
Godzilla! I don't have a good reason, but it'd definitely be him...

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?
 
I would do a long article on Fright Rags (the shirt company I work for) in the hopes that he wanted to wear out shirts full time, maybe a nice little walking billboard I could make with one stellar piece on our shirts haha
14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?
 
Bottle Rocket! It is my favorite film of all time. One of the main reasons why that film does it for me is the character of Dignan as played by Owen Wilson. A 12 year old trapped in a mans body with the adventures to prove it!

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?


Having hand cramps from all the writing. Hopefully somebody would have ye olde writers corner or something haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great answers!
Dreaded Dreams
Petunia Scareum