2/25/10

Move Poster Madness: Mary Woronov Edition

If you don't know who Mary Woronov is, you have no business claiming to love horror films, hell you have no business claiming to love films - period.  Mary Woronov has probably appeared in more movies and television programs than Michael Caine and Meredith Baxter Birney combined!  She's worked with everyone from Andy Warhol to Robin Williams; from Paul Bartel to Warren Beatty.  She played the iconic, Principal Togar in one of the greatest films of all time, Rock and Roll High School, as well as the lovable Mary Bland who lures sex fiends to her apartment and kills them, and later serves up a burglar for dinner to her real estate agent in Eating Raoul.  Most recently, she charmed America with her role as the diabolical Mrs. Ullman in The House of the Devil.

What follows are the posters to some of the horror/sci fi films, Mary has appeared in:
Silent Night Bloody Night - VHS cover
Silent Night Bloody Night VHS cover II
Played Calamity Jane.
Played Audrey, one of the scientists
Reprised her role as Mary Bland in the this one.
One of her better films, chances are you've never seen this one - seek it out, well worth your time!
Was killed off in the first ten minutes of Rob Zombie's gore fest.
Last, but certainly not least..



10 comments:

Jay Lynn said...

Fabulous! She has always been such a pleasure! With here chiseled features, and severe acting. Always making strained seem so simple and natural.

wavingpalms said...

As I mentioned on fb, love her, and would love to see TERRORVISION (Gerrit Graham and Chad Allen, no less!) again.

JMS

jeffreygmm said...

mary makes the world a better place!

Bill Dan Courtney said...

Yes! Terror Vision! I have been trying to remember the name of this film for a long time. I think Woronov may have been married to Paul Bartel but not 100% sure.
She was (is) totally sexy and cool.

Bill @ The Uranium Cafe

Scare Sarah said...

Still looking good!

Rowan said...

At the risk of sounding like a newbie, I have no idea who she is and I claim to love horror *ducks*. Seriously though? Not seen one of those films you mentioned. Should I?

Pax Romano said...

Rowan, march yourself down to the local video store and go get "Eating Raoul", "Rock and Roll High School", "Death Race 2000" and "House of the Devil" - NOW!

Andre Dumas said...

Haha I was just going to shout out "Eating Raoul"....it's really the only thing I can ever think of when I see her face. She had some crazzay side burns going on in that flick!

Te* (Slasher Film Sanctuary) said...

LOVE Mary Woronov! Of course, she's in Night Of The Comet, that I rave so much about, but oddly enough I knew of her before I ever saw comet, one of the greater acting veterans! :)

Will Errickson said...

TOGAR SUCKS

(no, really, love me some Woronov but when I first saw RnR HS I had no idea who she was)