Soon Oscar will be dusted off and trotted out ... size zero starlets are all on the Tic-Tac-and-Marlboro-diet to fit in to that latest frock so that some empty headed star fucker / interviewer can comment on how "amazing" they look ...
Can you feel the excitement?
As a matter of fact it's no different here in Blogland.
A courier arrived at my villa this afternoon with word that my little horror blog was bestowed the prestigious, Premio Dardo Award by none other than that fabulous blogger, author and all around Renaissance man, Vince Liaguno (the proprietor of the equally fabulous, Slasher Speak). Vince had these kind words to say about Billy Loves Stu:
More queer musings, this time from pal Pax Romano, who explores the more homoerotic subtext in horror films with a marvelously campy sense of humor and the queerest eye this side of Fire Island.
The Premio Dardo Award is a nifty sort of meme thingy, in that the recipient of the award must then bestow the same upon five other bloggers - happily, Vince found my little attempt at blogging a worthy one; it is indeed a delight to be recognized by ones peers.
Of course it now falls to me to pay it forward, so here goes.
- The Land of Cerpts and Honey is the blog of my pal, Cerpts. My god but this guy is a never ending font of wisdom when it come to film trivia. "Wicked as fresh red paint and poisonous as dried spiders" . Go now and soak in some of the goodness!
- Kill Everybody in the Whole Wide World is a deranged blog that is more fun than a bowl of steaming haggis on a cold night in Edinburgh. Stop on over and say howdy to The Dreaded Rhubarb.
- The Life of Pinky Bear is a blog by that I have been reading since forever. Maintained by The Divine Miss Jimmi, this blog has everything from make-up tips, to politics; from tales of theatrical mayhem, to tales of domestic bliss ... stop on over and say hi to The Divine One!
- Gloomy Sunday is a blog, that, sadly, is no longer with us, but I wanted to make mention of Absinthe's wonderful postings on Gothic dime store novels. Hopefully, she will return to us soon.
- Killer Kittens From Beyond the Grave has to be one of the sexiest, horrific, rocking and rolling blogs in the friggin' world. Go visit that kitten with a whip, Kitty LeClaw, but be warned ... this is no place for the faint of heart!
That's all for now, I think I have to go rescue Hugh Jackman from a certain fellow blogger ... night all.